Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Blog I'm reading: The Road to Promise

Saxon Henry is a writer I know from my day-job professional life in PR. I just started reading a different project of hers, a blog in which she's developing a book. It's called The Road to Promise and it's about... well, I'm not sure yet, but it starts with her and her then-husband, newly ordained construction missionaries, setting out to build churches in under-developed areas.

One month after our Episcopal priest ordained us construction missionaries, I watched three men heave a broken-down car backwards on the Pan American Highway near San Jose, Costa Rica. In hindsight, this event would be seriously metaphorical for my time in the mission field, which took me to a quirky mix of communities from Belize to Alaska and Costa Rica to South Dakota.

I don't know where this is going, but I know I want to go, too.

1 comment:

Saxon Henry said...

What an honor to be listed on your blog, Charlie! I just put the new post up and I'm going to list your blog on my blogroll. I'll be checking back in to see what you're up to now that I know you are here. Your support is truly appreciated!