Thursday, May 8, 2008

Start Your Engines (Just in Time for Father's Day)

By Charlie Kondek

The Garage Blog has got some posts up featuring the race car art of Paul Chenard. Not only can you get this attractive "wall candy" in prints but you can get them on greeting cards or a t-shirt. Is there a racing fan in your life that would appreciate one? Maybe someone we celebrate on, oh, I dunno, June 15? Click on over to The Garage and invest.

What I like about these is the muted colors and clean, soft lines, the overcast 1950s and 60s mood of them. (Shown here: Chenard's Talbot-Lago T26C.)

2 comments:

Gary Faules said...

Hey, I got mine and I LOVE it! Like anyone else who owns a race car that was built with blood, sweat and tears, getting a personalized gift like the one I got is as good as it's going to get. Check mine out....

http://lacarrera2007.blogspot.com/2008/05/lucky-immortalized-by-paul-chenard.html

Charlie Kondek said...

Oh, man, that's a great picture. I really like these.